Making Ripples - Mike Breaux I read the greatest little book named "Making Ripples". It's message was stunning in it's simplicity! It's about living a life that touches a life, that touches a life, that touches a life............The book begins with the author, Mike Breaux, discussing what his favorite movie is. I am going to include an excerpt from the book. The author writes:"If I had to name my all-time favorite (movie), I'm real clear what it would be. I wouldn't be able to endorse the whole thing, but I walked out of this one thinking, "I believe that might be the most creative, well put together, clever, thought-provoking, emotionally heart-tugging, best-acted movie I've ever seen in my life. And I didn't just admire the artistry or enjoy the entertainment. I learned some very profound things--three of them, to be exact. The first thing I learned is, "Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get." Not all moments in life are creme-filled, are they? I also learned that "Stupid is as stupid does," and that stupid has nothing to do with your IQ, but everything to do with your discernment, your decision-making ability, and your propensity for promise keeping. The third thing I learned was especially freeing for me as a speaker and communicator. I learned that I didn't have to work so hard anymore on the conclusions of my messages--from that point forward, I could just finish up with "That's all I have to say about that."Forrest Gump is one of those movies that gripped my heart and made me think a lot about my life. Do I keep my word no matter what? Do I love the people around me in an unconditional way? Do I show respect for everyone, no matter their color, race, rank, intelligence, or ignorance? Would I be candid enough to say, "I may not be a smart man, but I know what love is?"There's a riveting scene at the end of the movie. Forrest's wife, Jenny, who had made a lot of unwise choices in her life, dies at age thirty-five. Forrest is standing at her grave and says to her, "You died on a Saturday morning, and I had you placed here under our tree." He talks about what's going on in his life, how their son little Forrest is doing, and how much he misses her.Then he begins to reflect on life and considers a question that really marked me. He wonders whether his momma or his friend Lieutenant Dan had it right: "Do we have a destiny, or are we all just floatin' around kinda accidental-like, like a feather on a breeze?" When I heard him say that, I thought, "That is the question everyone who ever walks this planet has to come to grips with."The author goes on to speak about destiny and how if you believe there is no destiny then life is just kind of a big "whatever". However, if you are tired of floating around accidental-like, like a feather on a breeze, then you can put your life in the hands of the "Destiny Maker" and make some ripples in your life!You can make ripples by doing good for someone else, who will in turn do good for someone else and so on until before you know it a lot of people's lives have been touched with passion and purpose. You can make a difference in this world. I think that is the most uplifting message of hope and is why I wanted to share it with you!