Lavender Morning - Jude Deveraux This was the first book in Deveraux's new Edilean series, and I am looking forward to reading the next one!Romance type books are not usually my first pick, but this one contained enough of a mystery that it continued to hold my interest, and I didn't feel that the romance was too over the top. Jocelyn didn't fit in with her family; her father, stepmother or 'wicked' stepsisters. Her mother had died when she was very young. An older neighbor named Edilean took Jocelyn under her wing and became more of a mother/grandmother figure to her. When the older neighbor died and left Jocelyn all of her belongings which included a grand old mansion in Virginia, I immediately sympathized and shared in the pain of her loss and was also interested in finding out the rest of the story; why Edilean had never married and why there was such secrecy about the house and town. Even though the two shared everything, Edilean had never mentioned a word about growing up in Virginia in a town also called Edilean. Jocelyn moves to the small Virginia town and many other likeable and endearing characters are introduced.I agree that the ending seemed a little abrupt and left me wishing for more answers. I'm sure this was part of the plan so that the reader would be anxiously awaiting the next book in the series! Note: Just found information on the next book in this series "Days of Gold" which will be released Dec. 29, 2009.