The Laws of Harmony - Judi Hendricks The book begins with Sunny living in Albuquerque with her boyfriend of three years, Michael, and immediately the reader can sense trouble in the relationship. Sunny is determined to talk to Michael about the problem, but he doesn’t come home from a business trip as planned. A police officer arrives at the apartment and breaks the news to Sunny; Michael has been killed in an accident. Sunny is in shock and because Michael has no family, she alone must plan his memorial service. About a week later, Michael’s brother Frank shows up at the apartment and tells a different story about the family’s past. Then a man who worked with Michael shows up asking all kinds of questions, Sunny’s tires are all slashed, she finds out that her best friend Betsy and Michael had an affair, and well enough is enough!Sunny sells everything at a yard sale and goes to visit her mother Gwen who still lives in Armenia (Harmony) where Sunny was raised in a commune. After this visit, Sunny travels as far from New Mexico as she can get and winds up on San Miguel island in a little town called…Harmony which is kind of ironic!The people in Harmony just adopt Sunny! She finds a job at a restaurant, a little cabin in the woods is furnished and refurbished with help from her new friends, everything seems to be getting better for Sunny’s life when she finds out some more startling news. Interspersed with the present day drama Sunny is experiencing are her memories of living in the commune as a child and the tragic loss of her little sister and memories of her time with Michael. Sunny's memories of the past are handled seamlessly.I would have given this book 5 stars except I thought the ending was a little abrupt. Maybe it was just that I was enjoying the book so much, I didn’t want it to end!