Up Island - Anne Rivers Siddons I just finished this book after a rainy Saturday...and I'm still trying to process how I feel about it. In other reviews I have read that some liked the first half of the book better; the second half fell flat for them. Well for me it was the other way around. When Molly found the 'camp' Up Island and set about making it her own space and becoming the caretaker of the two cantankerous and eclectic old women and the cancer stricken son, I felt the story truly began. The imagery of the swans, how they mate for life and the correlation between her own failing marriage and her father's recovery from loss I felt was just brilliant, poignant, and I have to admit to a teary reaction to the loss of one swan and the return of 'Charlie' with another mate. I would not classify this as a 'feel good' read by any means, but the lessons imparted through the different relationships and human failings and feelings led to deep thought and reflection. I'm torn by the ending of this book and would have liked an Epilogue, but then my personal interpretation of a happily ever after would be lost...