Broken Wings - Carla Stewart I am wavering between 3 and 4 stars on this one but ultimately have to go with 4 stars just because of the pictures the author painted of the characters and places. Mitzi was strong and tough, proud and successful, tender and loving.... Brooke's character was ultimately lovable, though her initial insecurities and cowering were frustrating. The past was woven into the story well and I enjoyed hearing of Mitzi's life and her rise to fame as part of the singing duo Mitzi and Gabe! The supporting characters; Hadley and Drew, Penney and the twins, Brooke's boss and co-workers, her mother and sister, Mitzi's father, Red....they were all believable and added to the story. Swan Lake came alive for me....Brooke finding her artist's hand once again....wonderful! The peak into the heart wrenching disease of Alzheimer's was portrayed in a sensitive way and gave much thought to this terrible disease that seems to be on the rise. Included were several references to God; "I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free, For his eye is on the sparrow, and I know he watches me."Unlike some recent Christian Fiction that I've read, this book did not overstep and 'force down your throat' these beliefs. The opinions were introduced in such a way that they were believable and real as the true feelings and life of the characters. They seemed to add just the right depth.The only lingering question I have is What really happened to Brooke's mother? Did I miss something? I may have to go back and re-read and see if I can find a hidden answer! For other reader's of this book, message me with your opinion!! Yes I will read another book by this author! Would love to see a continuance of the story of Brooke and (hopefully) Drew!! Hint-Hint to the author!!!