The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon

The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon - David Grann This is a great non-fiction book about a legendary explorer named Percy Fawcett and his quest for the 'Lost City of Z' in the Amazon. The New York Times Sunday Book Review published the following account:”The Lost City of Z, by New Yorker writer David Grann, recounts Fawcett’s expeditions with all the pace of a white-knuckle adventure story. The book is a model of suspense and concision. By the end, Grann wins us over with his own hard-won experience. He has geared up, abandoned his family and climbed into the vortex himself—stung by his subject’s obsession. But Grann differs from Fawcett in two important ways: Unlike the colonel, he knows he is no match for this badland; and equally unlike him, he lives to tell the tale."I have found that this book made the Number 4 spot on the New York Times Bestseller List, it has been shortlisted for the Samuel Johnson award which is England's highest non fiction award, and I find equally exciting that Brad Pitt may be starring as Percy Fawcett in a movie adaptation!I recommend that you read this book!