Safe Haven

Safe Haven - Nicholas Sparks I had been looking forward to reading this book and actually had it in my shopping cart a couple different times to purchase. I just couldn't justify paying almost $20 for it especially when Christmas was just around the corner!! So I put it on hold at the library and I waited.....and I waited. I finally got the book after waiting almost a month! I had read so many conflicting reviews about it that I was a little bit leary whether I would like it or not. I found it to be well worth the wait!I really liked Katie....that sounds kind of funny (yes I realize she is not a REAL person!), but I still just liked her! I enjoyed her relationship with Alex, the widowed general store owner, and his children, and I was so glad that she was able to find the courage to rebuild her life and find happiness. I do have to admit, however, that I skimmed through the end of the book because I just couldn't handle reading about Kevin's sick actions. Kevin was Katie's estranged husband. The ending of the book was surprising, but satisfying. I do recommend this book, I think you will enjoy it too!